POLYSTYRENE BEANS ARE FREE!
ALL OF OUR BEANBAGS SOLD ONLINE OR IN STORE CAN BE SUPPLIED PRE-FILLED WITH POLYSTYRENE BEANS AT NO EXTRA COST.
If you pick them up from our showroom / warehouse you will pay NOTHING for beans - and you won't have to fill the beanbag yourself!
* Beanbags purchased through Air New Zealand Airpoints, Flybuys or our other loyalty or retail partners are supplied unfilled.
Delivery of Pre-Filled Beanbags - New Zealand
|Location||Flat Rate per Order||Target|
|Central Auckland*||$85.00||4-6 days|
|Rest of New Zealand||$120.00||14 days|
* 'Central Auckland' covers the central suburbs as far as Albany to the north and Drury to the south and excludes the islands of the Hauraki Gulf. Availability of this service (or otherwise) to a given address is solely at the discretion of Coast New Zealand.
Pre-filled beanbags can be collected from our showroom / warehouse at no additional charge.
Pre-Filled Beanbags - Rest of the World (Ex Australia)
We can arrange delivery of pre-filled beanbags almost anywhere in the world. Please contact us for a quote.
Most of our retail partners can supply pre-filled beanbags and it will almost certainly be more cost-effective to buy beans locally than to ship pre-filled beanbags over long distances. We know that this is annoying, but it's true.
Filling Your Own Beanbag
All of our beanbags come with filling instructions., but if you have purchased an unfilled beanbag, this is what you need to know:
COAST beanbags are designed to be filled with polystyrene beans (also known as ‘EPS’ beans or beads).
How Much Fill?
|Marine Bean Atoll||360||12.80||1.80|
|Marine Bean Chair||360||12.80||1.80|
|Marine Bean XL||380||13.50||1.90|
|Marine Bean XXL||750||26.50||3.75|
Small, lightweight beads present a severe danger to children if swallowed or inhaled.
Safety Zip - You Need a Paperclip!
For your safety, the liner of your beanbag is fitted with a locking zip. This is a legal requirement.
To open and close the liner, slide an un-bent paperclip through the top of the zip slider and use it to pull the slider up or down the zip.
Beanbag Filling Technique - You Need a Buddy!
This is definitely a two-person job. We recommend the following technique:
Marine Bean Collection
- Deep breathe; you can do this!
- Unzip the liner (using a paperclip);
- While one person holds open the liner, the other should slowly pour in the beans;
- open the Sunbrella cover, put it on the floor with the opening facing up and put the filled liner on top of the opening;
- Grab the Sunbrella cover by the edges of the opening and shake the liner into the Sunbrella cover - 4 hands are better than 2!
- Once the liner is inside the cover, be sure to line up the top of the liner (mesh) with the top of the cover (handle) ...
- ... and line up the liner zip with the cover zip
We recommend that you do not over-fill your beanbag – when you sit, you should be able to sink well into the beanbag without touching the floor
- Deep breathe; you got this!
- Unzip the liner (using a paperclip)
- While one person holds open the opening of the liner, the other should slowly pour in the beans;
- Shake the liner at intervals to distribute the beans evenly through the liner;
- Fill to about 90% capacity - the liner should feel pretty firm;
- Carefully pull the Sunbrella cover onto the liner
Please note that most polystrene beans will compress over time and that you may need to top-up your beanbag from time to time.
If for any reason you need to replace your beans, please dispose of the old beans responsibly - see recycling information below.
Sitting in Your Beanbag
The classic Marine Bean is primarily designed for lounging, not for perching. Achieve the perfect lounging position by lying your beanbag on its back (i.e. with the zip against the ground), then sink into the middle. And relax.
Where to buy beans for your beanbag
Our beanbags are designed to be filled with expanded polystyrene beans (EPS). You can generally purchase EPS beans from the following retailers.
|BRISCOES||briscoes.co.nz||09 815 3737|
|BUNNINGS WAREHOUSE||bunnings.co.nz||09 978 2200|
|MITRE 10 MEGA||mitre10mega.co.nz||09 443 9900|
|PARA RUBBER||pararubber.co.nz||0800 727 278|
|SMITHS CITY||smithscity.co.nz||03 983 3000|
|SPOTLIGHT||spotlight.co.nz||0800 276 222|
|THE WAREHOUSE||thewarehouse.co.nz||09 489 7000|
|KMART||kmart.com.au||1800 124 125|
|SPOTLIGHT||spotlight.com.au||1300 305 405|
|TARGET||target.com.au||1800 814 788|
|BIG W||bigw.com.au||1300 244 999|
Polystyrene beans will last for a long time and should not need to be replaced. Polystyrene does not biodegrade, but can be recycled and/or re-used.
There are now a number of government-sponsored and private enterprises that will collect or receive polystyrene for recycling. We encourage you to dispose of polystyrene beans responsibly. Avoid emptying your liner into the rubbish or into a recycling bin as most of the beans will blow away.
While there are a number of composting facilities throughout New Zealand, composting of PLA is still relatively new and infrastructure for this is limited. If you need to dispose of your Eco-Beans, please return them to us.
Damaged liners can usually be repaired or replaced. Please contact us if you require assistance or advice.